- Clothing, Footwear & Accessories
- Fine Jewellery
- Homewares & Furniture
- Fabrics & Trims
- Non Conformance Chargebacks
- Full List of Documents
In order to achieve the speed to market and operational efficiencies, TFG relies on the co-operation of our suppliers to deliver their merchandise to our distribution centres according to TFG standards and procedures.
1.1. Advanced Shipping Notifications
These instructions & guidelines apply to Trading Divisions below:
This section will provide a basis for Advanced Shipping Notifications (ASN’s) processes between the above mentioned trading divisions and all suppliers.
1.1.1. Advanced Shipping Notification (ASN) Definition
An ASN is a logistics transaction sent by the supplier to advise the relevant trading division of the dispatch of goods and the detailed contents of the shipment in order to enable the receiving location to control the incoming flow of material.
It also enables the sender (Supplier) to describe the contents and configuration of a shipment in various levels of detail and provides an ordered flexibility to convey information. This message will always be sent by the Supplier to the trading division before the goods are physically delivered.
1.1.2. ASN Submission and Approval Process
The Advanced Shipping Notification Standard Template which has been provided is the only form of ASN which can be processed by the Distribution Centre which have implemented the new Warehouse Management System (WMS).
The ASN needs to be submitted and approved a minimum of 48 hours prior to delivery in order to guarantee appointment availability at the relevant Distribution Centre.
Once an ASN has been submitted and approved, the Supplier is unable to amend the ASN and resubmit. The ASN must be accurate at the time of submitting it to the Distribution Centre.
The ASN should always be emailed to the following email addresses:
- @home: ASN-HOME@tfg.co.za
- @home livingspace: ASN-LIVINGSPACE@tfg.co.za
On receipt of the emailed ASN, the Distribution Centre (DC) will verify the information against the relevant Purchase Order details. All ASN’s within tolerance*, and submitted more than 48 hours prior to the stipulated delivery period, will be approved immediately and an email communication will be sent to the Supplier informing them of the Approved ASN status, along with an ASN number.
1.1.3. Reasons for ASN escalation for approval
- * Tolerance - Currently a 5% or less unit variance is tolerated per SKU, however, this is at the discretion of the business and subject to change.
- ASN submitted within 48 hours of delivery window.
- Inner and outer pack quantities not matching ordered quantities.
- All ASN’s outside of tolerance will be forwarded to the relevant buying team for approval or rejection. An email communication will be sent to the supplier informing them that the ASN is “In Review” and pending authorization by the relevant trading division.
- In discussion with the relevant buyer and planner, should the unit variances / delivery date be accepted, the ASN will be updated from “In Review” status to “Approved” status and an email communication will be forwarded to the Supplier with the Approved ASN number.
- In discussion with the relevant Buyer and Planner, should part of the unit variances be accepted, the ASN will be rejected and the supplier asked to submit a new ASN as per the agreed units and size curve. The second ASN submission will again be forwarded to the relevant buying team for authorization, upon which the supplier will receive an email communication advising of the Approved ASN number.
- Should the relevant buying team not accept the unit variances / new delivery date, the ASN will be rejected and an email communication forwarded to the supplier informing them accordingly.